As many of you know, we are lucky to have the wonderful Kristin Speltz, RN, and leader of E Ho'ohapai na Kamalei, O'ahu's babywearing group, lead a babywearing workshop at our store on the second Saturday of every month.
Why wear your baby? Consider the following benefits of babywearing:
• Babies cry less when carried.
• Baby gets to see the world from an adult's eye level.
• Babies feel more secure, enhancing the bond and trust with their caregiver.
• Parents are more in tune with their baby’s rhythms and cues.
• Carriers allow mom to hold baby and be “hands free” to attend to chores or other children.
• Helps protect baby from strangers who can’t resist touching a new baby.
• Easy to nurse discreetly or on-the-go.
Parents have more options than ever these days when selecting a baby carrier. Baby aWEARness has a wide selection of different types including wraps, ring slings, mei teis and soft structured carriers. Many carriers can accommodate newborns through toddlers and carry up to 45 lbs! Stop by the store to try a few on and find out which are the best fit for you and your baby.