Words of Wisdom from Real Mothers at La Leche League Meetings
From The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, 8th edition
· Newborns don’t look like magazine babies.
· A dirty house builds extra immunities.
· Wait long enough and it will change, and the questions and answers will be different.
· Sometimes the books are just wrong.
· A dog is an excellent floor cleaner.
· The ideal adult-to-baby ratio is about three to one in the first week.
· When people offer help, say yes.
· Listen to your baby. Respect him and his intuition. He will tell you what he needs.
· You can only do what you can do.
· Step outside when you can, throw your shoulders back, take a deep breath, and look up for at least a few seconds.
· It’s important to see other babies, so you know what’s normal.
· Join a playgroup. It’s not for the child, it’s for the mother.