Thursday, March 4, 2010

Roots Remedies Baby Butt Wash: New at Baby aWEARness


From Tara, the maker of Roots Remedies:

"When I was pregnant with my first child my husband and I were befriended by a cloth diapering couple who were members of our co-op. They were excited to pass on to us the exquisite hand-stitched cotton diapers her mother and sister had made for their babies. Their children had been born in Japan where everyone drinks green tea with every meal. They told us that in the hospitals in Japan the nurses would pour the left over tea from the pot into a bottle when the meal was finished. Then they would use it on the babies bottoms when they changed their diapers, to prevent diaper rash. When I gave birth to my daughter, I looked at that beautiful baby skin and thought “no wipe is touching this bottom!”. I remembered the green tea story and did some research. It turns out green tea is used for this purpose in Japan because it is full of tannins which aid in the healing of tissue. It also neutralizes the PH creating an environment that won’t harbor rash-causing bacteria. I added soothing, healing aloe and nature’s great anti-fungal, antibacterial and anti-viral agent: grapefruit seed extract (GSE). I like to put a little bit on a soft cotton washcloth and dab baby’s bottom between diapers. I stay away from spray tops because they can’t be recycled and clog easily. As cloth diaper veterans who used this product on two children, my husband and I agree that a squeezable bottle with a flip-top is the best container for quick-change functionality. You can soak a few soft clothes in Roots Baby Butt-Wash and carry them with you in a baby wipe carrying case for outings. Because of GSE’s ability to kill germs, it can even be used to clean baby after number two."

I'm currently using RR Baby Butt Wash with my daughter Audrey and loving it!
Contains no chemicals, preservatives, alcohols, detergents or perfumes.
Natural and organic ingredients: organic green tea, organic aloe, GSE, essential oil of lavender.
Hand crafted with aloha in Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment